Many people are currently not aware that their kidneys are damaged and they might find out too late. The need for dialysis or transplantation can be avoided if kidney diseases are detected early. As a patient there is something you can do—share your story and raise awareness of the risk factors for kidney disease – you might just save a life!
Did you know?
- Make urine
- Remove wastes and extra fluid from your blood
- Control your body’s chemical balance
- Help control your blood pressure
- Help keep your bones healthy
- Help you make red blood cells
So, spend some time to read this sheet:
For more info visit http://www.worldkidneyday.org
- Raising kidney awareness on World Kidney Day (sciencelens.wordpress.com)